An Air Conditioner’s most important day of service is on the day it was originally installed. Why might this be? Because proper installation is key to your system running correctly. The next most important procedure for keeping your new system running smoothly is to properly maintain it by a professional. With regular Maintenance:
Equipment downtime is decreased and the number of major repairs are reduced. Better conservation of equipment materials and increased life expectancy of equipment, thereby eliminating premature replacement of machinery parts and equipment.
An air conditioner’s filters, coils, and fins require regular maintenance for the unit to function effectively and efficiently throughout its years of service. Neglecting necessary maintenance ensures a steady decline in air conditioning performance while energy use steadily increases.
- Condenser coils need to be clean and free of debris such as grass and dirt
- Fan fins can also collect dirt and grime which will make them function less efficiently
- Professionals can straighten bent fins with special tooling, this procedure is best left to professionals such as those at Blowin’ Cold AC
- Clean the area around your unit and cut away all grass and weeds
- Hose down your unit frequently to maintain cleanliness
- Cleanliness and maintenance extend throughout the system, all the way to the drains and piping connected to your Condenser and Air Handler.
If you have further questions regarding the proper maintenance of your system, have no fear, Blowin’ Cold AC is here! Give us a call and we’ll be out in no time, keeping you cool & comfortable is our #1 priority!